Profiles of all Advisory Council members are available here. The aims of the Advisory Council are to:
- Identify areas of competence and relevance for the future of EIP
- Give critical input and substantial feedback on EIP materials aimed at creating building blocks for future EIP activities
- Share information among members of the Council and with their extended network of contacts
- Participate in EIP events and act as hosts when possible.
mediatEUr has been tasked by the Swedish and Finnish governments to facilitate a process to generate possible options for a future EIP. This includes:
- Identify how to mobilise and maximise capacities for peacemaking, and how to create a profile for international peace mediation for the EU;
- Create building blocks for future EIP activities;
- Facilitate debate and generate options for institutionalising this capacity to make it available to EU institutions and
- Produce materials to contribute to the reflection process.