Key lessons for the EIP from this mission are:
- A grant making mechanism for the EIP that could disburse rapid, small grants for local organisations would be a value added in the European context.
- Think, act, teach and learn: It is important for an EIP to be non-partisan, intellectually strong and operational at the same time.
- Create firm independence, but a relationship as close as possible with EIP's state based partners.
- Strive to professionalise peacemaking and peacebuilding.
- Work with multiple actors, also those who are traditionally not seen as "typical" peace partners, such as the military and intelligence communities.
The lessons learned and good practices identified during this scoping mission will be taken into account for the development of an EIP Options Paper. The Options paper drafted by mediatEUr will present different organisational models for a possible EIP.