Mediation Briefs are short documents where mediatEUr associates and collaborators touch upon key issues in mediation and international peace mediation, and share their personal experiences, in an accessible format. Each issue picks up a specific area of practice or theory.
In the first issue, based on his experience as a mediator in Northern Ireland, Brendan McAllister:
- Explores the links between local and international actors
- Shares his experience as an insider mediator
- Outlines the phases of mediation development in Northern Ireland
- Analyses the benefits he drew from being personally exposed to international experience
- Lists the tasks of an international mediator
You can access the Mediation Briefs here; you can also find them under the Resources label in our top menu.